Saturday, August 6, 2011

A Sense of History


For as long as I worked in a historical museum, you'd think I'd be better at recording family history. I tend to be one of those people who means to do it but doesn't seem to get around to it nearly as often as I should.

My grandma, Eunice, was a terrific recorder of history. I think of her often when I'm here (she spent several summers here -- what a lovely treat). She would've loved the Internet -- all the genealogical research she conducted that took months and years, now takes seconds. And I bet she'd have a blog. I know she'd approve of this!

The purpose of this blog is to record our summer holidays at the log cabin in Elk Lake, Ontario. To reminisce. There's little history of the decades that the family has owned this little cabin, and it's about time we changed that!

Heather, 8.6.11, written at the Elk Lake Public Library

No comments:

Post a Comment