Thursday, August 11, 2011

Cold and Rainy






It's chilly and wet today. And as surprising as it might sound, that's the weather we were hoping for when we left home. It's been so hot this summer in Michigan -- many, many days in the upper 80s and quite a few in the 90s -- that we desperately wanted a break.

The cabin is at its coziest in cool, damp weather. Unfortunately the woodstove is gone (a victim of insurance regulations) but the cabin is still cozy and snug. With a blanket in my lap and my knitting in my hand, I'm as happy as can be.

With this weather running for the past few days, we won't have many blueberries to bring home. You just can't pick them in wet weather and expect them to last very long. But it's the kind of weather that forces you to relax. My kind of vacation.

I think it's time for a cup of tea.

Posted by Heather at the cabin, 8-11-11

No comments:

Post a Comment